Sunday, May 4, 2008

REFLECTION ON UNIT 4.

REFLECTION ON UNIT 4.

Argument and Evidence: What Is The Argument and What Evidence Supports It?

As I said in previous unit which was in Unit 3 if I am not mistaken, positioning needs evidence. The same goes when we want to argue about something. There is always a reason on why a person makes an argument.

Essentially, I have already got the view about this unit before it was presented by group four. The group members are Izwani, Azila and Farah Diana. This is because I did not get the chance to listen to their presentation as I need to see Miss Naimah bt Abdul Muttalib before that.

Although I missed the presentation, I believe that I can catch some of the information for unit 3. In this unit, it is said that the first thing which I should know is not every text includes argument and evidence. Argument and evidence usually can be found in texts which present a case throughout academic journals of all disciplines, policy documentation and legal literature, as well as reports of many varieties.

Basically there are four articles that I need to read so that I can identify and evaluate the elements of argument and evidence. There are ‘Body language that speaks to muggers’, ‘Burning out at nine’, ‘What is the evidence?’ and ‘Statistic’. At the first place, I found it is very difficult to understand all the articles because I did not understand many words which had been used in each article.

Even though I cannot understand the articles, I believed that I already understood the concepts of argument and evidence.

xXx J

No comments: